INFRARED is a “non stim” pre-workout that uses quality ingredients in effective concentrations and supports genuine cellular energy production that you can feel, without the need for caffeine and / or stimulants. This is a “formulated supplementary sports food” designed to enhance the quality of athletic performance.
The scientifically formulated array of specific herbal medicine, electrolytes, unique carbohydrate blend and researched nutrients all driving our performances forward.
WHAT CAN INFRARED DO FOR YOU?
- Go harder for longer with less pain
- Improve power
- Improve endurance
- Enhance vasodilation of peripheral vasculature to enhance blood flow to your muscles and brain
Enhance stamina and endurance and delay onset of fatigue and weakness by:
- Enhancing genuine energy production
- Buffering metabolic waste
- Reducing the production of metabolic waste
- Enhancing intramuscular antioxidants and acidity buffers
- Supplement, support, restore and maintain electrolyte balance for ideal intracellular: extracellular water ratio.
For best results take 1 scoop of ATP Science Infrared in 400ml water 15 minutes before training. An additional serving can be taken intra-workout if desired. This is recommended for longer duration exercise.
COMPLEX AND SIMPLE CARBOHYDRATE MIX
ATP Carb blend
– New ATP Science gel technology creates a gel bullous mixture of high and low molecular weight, simple and complex carbs with differing digestion and absorption pathways.
– Using Gel technology in the carbohydrate blend makes it easy on the gut as it is formulated for efficient digestion and absorption and subsequent utilisation to fuel energy requirements.
– 26gram per serve of a mix of a high molecular weight rice amylopectin, honey – fructose (NOT high fructose corn syrup), glucose and maltodextrin (not naturally part of honey but is added to keep the honey as a powder until you dissolve it), Beetroot juice (sucrose, fructose and glucose plus nitrates and betaine) and Dextrose (simple grape sugar form of glucose).
Beta Alanine supplementation increases muscle carnosine. Muscle carnosine is an intramuscular acidity buffer and antioxidant. Beta alanine increases stamina and endurance by buffering metabolic acid and waste as it is made. This means less muscle pain and greater muscle performance.
Muscle carnosine works as:
- Intramuscular antioxidant
- Intramuscular buffer for exercise-induced acidity
- Regulates calcium sensitivity and excitation–contraction coupling. Calcium influx triggers neuromuscular junctions and can trigger contractions, twitches, taps, cramps and spams. Carnosine can prevent muscle spasms, cramping and loss of coordination.
- Protects against glycation. Glycation is a process whereby sugars attach to proteins and oxidise, causing damage to muscles, collagen and connective tissue.
- More power, for longer with less pain and faster recovery time.
- Increases energy production, reduces lactic acid and fatigue
- Improves stamina and resilience
- Citrulline and L-aspartate combine to create arginine in your body and subsequently nitric oxide in the systemic circulation for maximum vasodilation pump and power.
- Source of nitrates to fuel nitric oxide vasodilation.
- Improves endurance.
- Increases exercise duration until exhaustion.
- Adaptogenic; helping the body adapt to physical and mental stress.
- Improves dexterity, focus and co-ordination.
- Corrects respiratory acidosis and improves performance. One study on thoroughbreds showed an improvement of 6 lengths in an 800m race.¹
- Synergistically enhances vasodilation when used in combination with other vasodilators.²
Betaine / Trimethylglycine (TMG)
This is a recent addition and upgrade to INFRARED and works via multiple mechanisms.
Methylation for efficient conversion and deactivation of waste, stress chemicals and neurotransmitters is important during exercise to aid performance. But more so in the recovery phase as methylators are essential for DNA methylation to make protein synthesis and recovery capable of happening.
Trimethylglycine (TMG) enters the methylation cycle, uses a methyl group to deactivate a toxin / chemical and then converts to the beneficial Dimethylglycine and will supply the same benefits as the original dimethylglycine (DMG) which is used to aid oxygenation of tissues and aid performance.
Osmolytes regulate osmosis – intercellular and intracellular water movement in the body. Like Creatine, TMG can enter our cells and drag water inside to rehydrate the cell.
Unique Electrolyte Mix
Quality electrolytes magnesium L-aspartate, potassium L-aspartate, calcium citrate and sodium citrate. These electrolytes perform the following functions.
- Restore and maintain ideal intracellular: extracellular water ratio
- Maintain nerve and muscle function
- Prevent cramping and anxiety
- Ultimate alkalizers to prevent metabolic acidosis
- Citrates have superior absorption and distribution and synergistically supply citric acid to fuel the “citric acid cycle” (a.k.a. Krebs cycle), which is the series of chemical reactions that occurs within the cells of our body to generate energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- L-aspartate forms supply the L-aspartate to work synergistically with Citrulline for arginine production