Macro Mike Easter Recipes
Easter is the time for chocolate and hot cross bun indulgence.
Experience Easter the healthy, macro friendly way with Macro Mike's Limited Edition products and delicious recipes.
All recipes are gluten free, plant based, dairy free, refined sugar free and SUPER tasty! Only treats, no cheats.
1 scoop Macro Mike Hot Cross Bun Protein
2 cups mixed fruit or sultanas
2 1/2 cups of gluten free self raising flour
1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2/3 cup sunflower oil
1 cup almond milk
2 eggs or flax eggs
200gm of coconut sugar + 2 Tbsp extra
80gm of icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12-hole muffin tray and line with paper cases.
- Soak dried fruit in just enough boiling water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain well, then pat dry with paper towel.
- Sift the flour, protein powder, soda and spices into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, almond milk, eggs and sugar until combined. Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Gently stir in the fruit. Divide the mixture among muffin cases, then bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place the extra 2 tablespoons sugar in a pan with 2 tablespoons water and simmer over low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Brush the glaze over the muffins.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add lemon juice and just enough hot water to make a thick, pipe-able icing. Use a piping bag or drizzle from a spoon to draw a cross on each muffin, then serve.
For the Nests:
1/4 cup Natvia sweetener
2 tbs Rice Malt Syrup
2 tbs Coconut Oil
1 tbs Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Macro Mike Hot Cross Bun Protein
1 cup Rice Puffs
For The Topping:
Macro Mike Hot Cross Bun Protein
Dairy Free Chocolate Eggs
- In a saucepan heat sweetener, syrup, oil and cacao powder until smooth.
- Take off heat and stir through protein powder.
- Pour into larger bowl and stir through rice puffs until it’s all coated.
- Divide and distribute into silicon muffin trays and shape to leave a well in the centre.
- Mix coconut yoghurt with protein powder and dollop into each ‘nest’. Add any additional toppings.
Easter Egg Slice Base:
100g coconut flour
40g Macro Mike Easter Egg Protein
1/4 cup maple
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
35g of Macro Mike PB+ mixed with a 1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup runny nut butter
4 tbsp of melted coconut oil
20g of maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt
20g of coconut flour
2 scoops of Macro Mike Easter Egg Protein
Vegan white chocolate, colourful easter eggs & sprinkles! Use vegan/dairy free Easter eggs if you need.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the base until smooth. Pour into a lined slice tray and flatten down with your hands. Pop in the freezer
- For the filling, mix all ingredients until smooth and spoon over the base, pop back in the freezer
- For the topping, melt your white chocolate and pour it over the slice, then add your sprinkles and Easter eggs. Freeze for at least 2 hours and ENJOY!
Leave a comment