Never did a hot cross bun look so delicious!
Give these a go for a healthier alternative, adding in Switch Nutrition's Adrenal Switch for some stress-busting ingredients!
| I N G R E D I E N T S |
- 3 scoops ADRENAL Switch Salted Caramel
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Linseeds
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 8 Dates
- 85g Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 150g Brown Rice Flour
- 160g Banana Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- Pinch Pink Salt
- 160g Sultanas
- 65g Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 85g Maple Syrup
- 40g Olive Oil
| M E T H O D |
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2) Combine the Chia, Linseed and Water into a bowl and mix well, leaving to soak for a few minutes
3) Place the Chia and Linseed mix, Bananas, Dates, Maply Syrup and Olive Oil into a food processor and combine well
4) In a mixing bowl add the Brown Rice Flour, Banana Flour, Vanilla, Cloves, Baking Powder, Bicarb, Salt and Sultanas. Now add the wet mix and use your hands to bring the dough together
5) Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll into smooth balls
6) Place on a greased tin and use the end of a spoon to make a cross indentation into the top of each bun (about 2mm deep)
7) Bake for approx. 30 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
8) In order to make the glaze, combine the Maple Syrup and Olive Oil and mix well 9) Brush each bun with the glaze
10) To make the cross icing combine the icing sugar with the lemon juice (a little at a time) until you have a thick paste. Use a piping bag or small spoon to fill the cross indentations on each bun.
If you wish to add marshmallows, simply cut each bun in half and place marshmallows inside. Bake for 4-5 minutes in the oven until melted!