BETA ALANINE – FOR BOOSTING MUSCLE CARNOSINE LEVELS AND PERFORMANCE
Beta alanine supplementation increases muscle carnosine. Muscle carnosine is an intramuscular acidity buffer and antioxidant. Beta alanine increases stamina and endurance by buffering metabolic acid and waste as it is made. This means less muscle pain and greater muscle performance.
During high intensity exercise, there is a greater reliance on ATP production from glycolysis and phosphagen systems resulting in an accumulation H+, which leads to exercise-induced metabolic acidosis. This acidity has been implicated as the cause of muscular fatigue and decreased muscle contractile function. By buffering exercise-induced acidity, muscle carnosine enhances performance. Especially in events with prolonged bouts of high intensity exercise.
Muscle carnosine works as:
- Intramuscular antioxidant
- Intramuscular buffer for exercise-induced acidity
- Regulates calcium sensitivity and excitation–contraction coupling. Calcium influx
- Triggers neuromuscular junctions and can trigger contractions, twitches, taps, cramps and spams. Carnosine can prevent muscle spasms, cramping and loss of coordination.
- Protects against glycation. Glycation is a process whereby sugars attach to proteins and oxidise, causing damage to muscles, collagen and connective tissue.
Beta (β) Alanine ‘tingles/itch’?
β-alanine, induces itch and tingling after consumption which is harmless - do not be alarmed.This just means the product is doing it's magic.
Why should I take the ATP Science Beta Alanine?
Benefits of ATP Science Beta Alanine are:
- Allergen, pesticide, heavy metal and microbial tested for compliance
- Approved material manufacturer that will allow audits of their factory
- HPLC verified guaranteeing fully efficacious material and no contaminants or adulteration
- Gluten free
- GMO free
- Sugar free