L-GLUTAMINE – REAL MUSCLE FOOD.
L-Glutamine is non-essential and conditionally essential in humans, meaning the body can usually synthesize sufficient amounts of it, but in some instances of stress (such as intense exercise), the body’s demand for glutamine increases and glutamine must be obtained from the diet. In fact, glutamine is so important to the body, it is the most abundant amino acid found in the blood.
- Reduces muscle soreness after exercise (DOMS)
- Catabolic states, such as major trauma, sepsis, major surgery and bone marrow transplantation as well as intense chemotherapy and radiotherapy, are associated with low plasma levels of glutamine
- Reduced availability of glutamine in these conditions may lead to an impaired immune function because of a reduced capacity of immune cells to proliferate
- Glutamine is the respiratory fuel for the lymphocytes, hepatocytes and the mucosal cells of the gut
- Glutamine is one of the most important substrates for ammoniagenesis, not only in the gut, but also in the kidney, because of its important role in the regulation of acid-base homeostasis
Apart from recovery, L-Glutamine can also aid in:
Glutamine preserves normal distribution of body water by preventing expansion of extracellular water and reducing fluid retention. This is vital for competition prep if you are a body builder or, if you simply want to look better.
Glutamine can help strengthen the lining of the gut.
Benefits of ATP Science L-Glutamine are:
- Allergen, pesticide, heavy metal and microbial tested for compliance
- Approved material manufacturer that will allow audits of their factory
- HPLC verified guaranteeing fully efficacious material and no contaminants or adulteration
- Gluten free
- GMO free
- Sugar free
L-Glutamine is best used before or directly after training. A dose of 5g is standard. For maximum benefits you can consume up to 5g, 1-3 times daily. L-Glutamine is easily mixed with water, juice or other supplements.